(Sadly) I’ve been really busy at work lately and haven’t had time to write. So busy, in fact, that they are requesting I work extra hours and on weekends some times. Really? You want me to be here even more? The place I hate the most? Uggghhhh.
Anyways, to try keep my sanity, I’m writing this before I start to get bothered by my 32 micro managers to: A) Hopefully start my day off well, and 2) Make sure I keep my promise of posting more often, which still isn’t happening as much as I’d like.
Oh, and once again, I’m really sorry I’m not posting more training and/or nutrition stuff at this point. Again, my writing right now is all about me and my psychological state so please just hang on for the ride, and I’ll eventually get to more posts that might be relevant to your interests.
Here we go, another post of grand randomisity:
1) Costco didn’t rock my sox off.
– Sure, I found some good deals, but I wasn’t blown away. A 10lb. bag of farm raised, grain-fed, frozen chicken breasts was awesome. 93/7 ground turkey that has had their beaks cut so they don’t fight in their holding pens was also a good deal at $2.25/pound (except I had to buy 4 pounds). About the only thing I was really really excited about was the 2 dozen cage-free, natural eggs for only $5. I realize I’ll probably get AIDS and cancer because the chicken and turkey were farm raised and grain fed, but I really just like the flavor of cage-free eggs.
2) Snow tires are awesome
– I haven’t really had the best opportunities to test them out yet, but I’ve gotten to drive on some snow covered parking lots and some slushy, slippery roads without any type of sliding around and near death experiences. I’m still waiting for the 6″ downfall to really test them out. So far, they were well worth the $800’ish. Don’t worry, that included all the service and some baller rims.
3) Instant coffee is the suck; instant coffee mixed too strongly is even worse
– Bought some Foldger’s Instant Coffee at Costco so that I could bring it to work and keep at my desk. Of course, Costco doesn’t have industrial size 4-cup coffee filters so I had to make some for my morning commute. Not only does instant coffee normally suck, but I mixed enough coffee for four 6-oz cups for my three cup mug. The caffeine buzz is outstanding right now!
4) Me? Training for a 5k next summer?! GTFOH!!!
– It dawned on me (again) that I’m beginning to dislike training just for the sake of training more and more. I’ve also come to realize that I can usually do new-to-me events/lifts well to quite well without trying too much. And that’s really fun for me. I thought, “hmmmm…..what if I actually *tried* to run a 5k? Then what would people say?” Chances of this happening are small, but it’s not entirely out of the question. I’d like to show that an olympic lifting, football-has been, all things explosive dork could train for endurance using Gym Movement, and be quite dominant. I think I could get my time down to 6.5 – 7 minute miles fairly easily. Who knows? I’ll just have to wait and see this summer.
– I’ve been helping out Mike Nelson with some diction/transcription/whatever you want to call it when you type out someone’s verbal lectures. It’s not fun, but I’m not horrible at it. I’ve also been trying to figure out how I can whore out my mad Excel skillz. If anyone needs some super-sweet spreadsheets with or without custom macros or some transcription, let me know.
– You never know who reads this site so I’ll just say that their products are awesome and they have 2 sites here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
7) I want more time to read
– Getting back to my psychological infatuation (both mine and other’s) at the moment, I just bought 6 books at the recommendation of The Dark Lord. When I’ll have time to read them? I have no freaking idea, especially with my increased engineering and freelancing work load.
8) You need direct gunz work to get bigger gunz
– I used to think that you just needed to progress with chin-ups, pull-ups, dips, and rowing variations to get some sweet arms. In fact, I used to call other “guru’s” ritards for suggesting otherwise. Sadly, I think I have to retract and apologize. Once I started focusing a lot on my chins and pull-ups, I went from being able to do about 6 in a row to 18 in a row. I’ve also been able to do doubles and triples with a 36kg kettlebell hanging from a belt. Guess what? I still only have 14.5″ pythons. Looks like I’ll be adding some more direct work to my routine when it tests well.
Anyways, that’s all I got for now. I’m going to enjoy my caffeine buzz as long as possible
Don’t Miss Your Chance
I was stuck in Corporate America for 9 years. I was miserable.
Then I took control.
You can too, and it starts right here.